Wednesday 4 November 2009

Stamp Research
















After finding out that I had to create stamps around the theme of biodiversity I researched into the types of stamps that are currently available around this subject to give me ideas and inspiration as to what I can base the ideas of my stamps on. I looked into many different stamps from different countries. The picture above shows some of the stamps I looked at. I found that many of the stamps that show animals are based around rare or unusual animals. Stamps showing average, well-known, animals, such as cats, dogs, cows etc are very rare. Stamps mainly show rare or exotic animals and insects. Stamps that focus around plants are also very similar. Only rare or strange plants are shown. I think that the reason for this is to catch people's eye. People would not be amazed by average, well-known, animals or plants. From this I have learnt that, in order to make my 3D image look like it belongs on a stamp, I have to make the image look interesting and unusual.

No comments:

Post a Comment