Thursday 26 November 2009

Tutorial - Shadows and Lighting

















Through tutorials I learnt many different ways I can use and manipulate lights and shadows to make something look more effective or realistic as a 3D shape. I was firstly I created the shapes and placed them on a plane. Then I used 'target spot' and 'omni' to create different lights and use them to create shadows.

















I then used these techniques to create a a candlelit pumpkin. I gave the plane it is sitting on a texture to make it look more relistic and i gave the spotlight a smokey effect to make it seem like its in a spooky atmosphere. The pumpkin was also given a texture to make it look more realistic. I did this by putting a texture looking picture on the bump option in the material editor. My finished pumpkin is shown below.

No comments:

Post a Comment