Thursday 19 November 2009

Tutorial - Mapping Techniques

















I created the leaf using mapping techniques by changing the material to make the texture look more realistic. I was very pleased with the outcome of this leaf because it looked surprisingly realistic which I didn't think was possible in this program. I've learnt new techniques and learnt more about the tools and what I am capable of doing with them using 3Ds Max. Being able to change the material of an object will come in very useful and has given me many ideas of what I could create for a stamp. I also learnt how to change the shape of an object using the 'edit poly' tool. This technique will also come in useful when creating my stamp because it will enable me to shape objects to form particular animals or plants etc.


















The picture above shows the leaf I created from the perception it was made in 3DS Max. By using the 'edit poly' tool under the modifier menu, I was able to created the 3D effect by moving particular points on the leaf around to make bend and look more realistic.

















The leaf texture was made to look realistic by using the material editor and by using a picture of a leaf. The picture was 'diffused' onto the 3D leaf and the bump option was used to give the leaf a rough texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment